Shifts in pro-hockey are about 45 seconds. Lactic acid builds up and eventually shuts your body shuts down. Generally, the higher the level of hockey – the shorter the shifts required. Out there too long and you will get burned.
It is true even if your last name is McDavid.
It is especially true if your last name is Byfuglien.
Life is like that too. If you are really really tired it won’t matter:
- How good you are at holding your tongue.
- How good you are at avoiding temptation.
- How good you are at having a positive attitude.
- How good of a leader you are.
- How good a teacher you are.
- How patient parent you are.
- How understanding a spouse you are.
If you are tired, something starts unraveling.
So go get some sleep.